We often get asked how to do a finger prick blood test, so we decided to do a video about it, you can view this video here:
How to do a finger prick blood test step by step guide
- Prepare your table where you will take the blood and ensure it’s wiped down clean
- Wash your hands for a few minutes with warm water and soap
- Open your blood test box received in the post from Balance My Hormones
- Open up the plastic clamshell packet with two tubes (purple and yellow ends) and stand them both up right on a flat level table
- Identify the finger you wish to use for drawing blood, ideally the middle finger
- Start squeezing your hands to get blood flow going for a minute or so.
- Use the alcohol wipes provided and clean the finger you will be using to draw blood
- Open the lids of the two purple and yellow tubes
- Take the tool provided to lance your finger and remove the end cap
- Press the lance tool into the bottom outer part of the finger and push on the finger with your thumb to help the blood come out
- Touch the blood on the lip of one of the tube and let it drop in.
- Fill up to the top line on the tube and put the lid on then gently shake the tube
- Put one of the plasters supplied on the finger
- Repeat the steps again on another finger to fill up the second tube and again shake gently
- Take the tube extenders out (tubes with labels on) and fill out the labels with the date/time of the blood extraction
- Put the tube extenders around each of the two tubes with blood in
- Put the completed blood samples back in the plastic clamshell packaging they came in
- Put your form and clamshell plastic package into the large self addressed envelop and post
What are the benefits of a finger prick blood test?
- If you are anxious about having your blood taken it can be easier to do it yourself
- If you are not a fan of needles then a finger prick blood test may be a better option for you
- You can do the finger prick blood test in the comfort of your own home and at your own pace
- The package we send out comes with everything you need, you don’t need to pay for anything else like plasters, postage fees etc
- The blood test results are highly accurate even from a finger prick test
If you are looking to get started on TRT or have questions about our HRT/TRT blood testing services simply fill out the form below, telephone us or speak to us on our LiveChat in the bottom right of this website.